The SmartDrive goal is fairly simple - to help fleets save fuel, save money and save lives.
But how do they do it? Their system is easy-to-use, yet comprehensive. It identifies specific areas where drivers can improve their driving skills. This means predictable and sustainable reductions in your operational costs and a clearer understanding of what happens both on the road and in the vehicle.
Their innovative driving skills programme applies predictive analytics to the world's largest database of analysed audio, video and telematics data. It is the only system to focus on a personalised driver training programme, enabling customers to gain unprecedented collision and damage frequency reductions and fuel savings—up to 70% in collision costs and 10% or greater in fuel savings.
SmartDrive Safety™ (image attached) Think of videos as "game films" for your drivers, analysing their actual driving performance and pinpointing areas of improvement. SmartDrive Safety uses video to help managers coach drivers on their individual performance. It provides a true picture of what's really happening on the road. It's an approach that's unique to SmartDrive Safety, and it's helped hundreds of thousands of drivers. Quite often, it has exonerated them against fraudulent claims.
Best of all, the programme is simple and easy to use.
Reduced collision frequency
• Risky driving drops by as much as 50% within the first six weeks, and up to 70% by the end of the 1st year
• Time to resolve claims is often more than 35% faster
• Actuarially validated methodology predicts and proves collision frequency reductions Lower operating costs
• Safer, greener driving yields up to 10% or more in fuel savings
• Reduces maintenance expenses
• Better protection for drivers
• Improves driver safety and security
• Exonerates drivers who were not at fault
Research shows that 25% of fuel saving opportunities come from inefficient driving manoeuvers. So improving how drivers make those manoeuvers can save a lot of wasted fuel. We do it with real-time feedback and coaching through the SmartDrive Fuel™ programme. It captures video, audio and vehicle data, then uses fuel reports and dashboards to review driver and fleet fuel performance.
For example, easing up on the throttle and other "softer driving" techniques help drivers really cut fuel costs. Within weeks, users see improvements in fuel efficiency up to 10% or more.
Decrease operational costs
• Improve MPG—top drivers realizing over 10% improvement
• Save more than 5,000 lbs. in CO2 emissions per vehicle per year
• Complements existing fuel and green initiatives
• Maximize asset utilisation
• Trip Mapping and Locate Now – helps quickly gauge driver productivity
• Set pre-defined boundaries to track vehicles with geo-fencing
• Insight into daily trips from Daily Journey Report
• Real-time driving improvements
• Provide real-time driver feedback and improvements with Instant Driver Feedback (IDF) lights
• Drivers can use the SmartDrive fuel application on smartphones, tablets, or computers to see their daily driving performance and peer rankings. Free at iTunes and Google Play app stores.
• Coach and improve through video "game films" from the SmartDrive Event Player
The SmartDrive Advantage
SmartDrive focuses on driving skills. They pinpoint specific driving manoeuvres and how to personally improve the driver's performance. Their expert analysts review, analyse, categorize and prioritise the most relevant events to coach, so you don't have to. Then, drivers are coached and improve driving skills—reducing fuel wasting maneuvers. Fleets experience reduced risk and significant tangible savings.
Without video, it's a guessing game on how drivers are truly performing. Video gives fleets and drivers more clarity and context to understand which areas to coach.
Why should fleets care about this?
The SmartDrive programmes not only gives your visibility on what happens on the road but you will see dramatic savings within weeks.
How do I prove it works?
SmartDrive has the most actuarially-validate methodology that predicts and proves reductions in collision frequency. And, you can ask our customers. Customers, such as Ryder, Loomis, Brinks, LA Metro, CARTA, DART, Ocado and AAA have seen reductions up to 70% in collision costs.
What's distinctive about SmartDrive's technology?
You receive an accurate account of each video event to make the best decisions. By combining triggers from the vehicle, 3rd party sensors and video, fleets get a complete picture—identifying the root cause quickly.
SmartDrive was first to introduce key technology features that combines vehicle data and video, including: The only driving performance system to connect into the vehicle Engine Control Unit (ECU), a 96 G-force crash sensor as well as industry standard 3-axis accelerometer, and the ability to trigger from third-party telematics sensors, including ATC, lane departure and more.
"It's an absolute no brainer...it takes only one significant collision to exonerate yourself to pay for the entire cost of the program." Tom Merlino, ABM, Director of Safety and Risk Management